Research Service and Courses
If you can’t visit the library, we can do some research on your behalf.
Enquiry and research service
If you can’t visit the library, we can do research on your behalf. We can look for information in the records we hold, including family history and local history resources. We often do checks in parish registers, census returns and local newspapers, as well as conducting more extensive research using our local history and archive collections.
If you’re interested in this service, email email@example.com or phone 01733 864160 for further information. Or if you’re ready to put in an order for some research then please fill in and return the form at the bottom of this page. You should hear back from us in about 10 days.
Family history courses
We run regular family history basics and next steps courses.
£20 per person. Our next course will run in the Spring. For more information and to sign up, please contact Archives Services on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Research service charges
- £25 per hour inclusive of up to five print outs, postage and packing.
Printouts and photocopies
- Staff operated A4 black and white photocopies per sheet £0.50 (minimum charge £1.50)
- A4 computer printouts per sheet £0.30
- Staff operated A3 black and white photocopies per sheet £0.75 (minimum charge £1.50)
- Staff operated A4 colour photocopies per sheet £1.00 (minimum charge £1.50)
- Staff operated A3 colour photocopies per sheet £1.50
- A4 microfilm/fiche prints per sheet £0.50
- A3 microfilm/fiche prints per sheet £0.80
Orders sent by post £5 minimum charge
TIFF or JPEG digital image from scanner and emailed to you £1 per image (minimum charge £3)
JPEG digital photograph and emailed to you £1 per image (minimum charge £5)
Providing digital images on CD + P&P £3
Digital photographs (own camera)
- Per frame 50p
- Day pass Unlimited images £5
Charges for licence to copy – NOT copyright
Books, periodicals, magazines or journals per image
- B&W English Language £25
- B&W World Rights £50
- Colour English Language £35
- Colour World Rights £75
Educational /textbooks per image
- B&W English Language £15
- B&W World Rights £30
- Colour English Language £20
- Colour World Rights £40
Local non-profit individual/group publications incl. Use in public talks
- B&W English Language per image £3
- Colour English Language per image £5
Web Application publications (low res images only)
- Commercial publications per image £40
- Academic publications per image £20
- Local Charity organisations per image £4