We depend on our enthusiastic volunteers to provide ongoing services and for particular projects. In return, we offer training and work experience in a successful and popular heritage service. We take on volunteers depending on what projects we have at present and what capacity we have within our staff to manage new people.
We offer volunteering opportunities in several key areas:
- Collections – help document and store the Museum’s collections.
- Geology – help conserve and reconstruct local fossil finds.
- Archaeology – help record finds in the local Sites & Monuments Record. Some archaeological knowledge or experience required.
- Education – help prepare, administer and provide schools sessions. A full CRB check may be required.
- Visitor services – including ‘front of house’, work in the Museum shop or cafe, installing-dismantling exhibitions.
- Interpretation – events, temporary exhibitions, new displays, guided tours and being a costumed interpreter for our sites.
If you’re interested in current volunteering opportunities and want more information or an application form, call 01733 864775 or email email@example.com