We depend on our enthusiastic volunteers to provide ongoing services and for particular projects. In return, we offer training and work experience in a successful and popular heritage service. We take on volunteers depending on what projects we have at present and what capacity we have within our staff to manage new people.
We offer volunteering opportunities in several key areas:
- Collections – help document and store the Museum’s collections.
- Geology – help conserve and reconstruct local fossil finds.
- Archaeology – help record finds in the local Sites & Monuments Record. Some archaeological knowledge or experience required.
- Education – help prepare, administer and provide schools sessions. A full CRB check may be required.
- Visitor services – including ‘front of house’, work in the Museum shop or cafe, installing-dismantling exhibitions.
- Interpretation – events, temporary exhibitions, new displays, guided tours and being a costumed interpreter for our sites.
Heritage Events Internship – our latest opportunity!
Vivacity’s Heritage Service is looking for an Events Intern to join the team. The intern will have the opportunity to assist with co-ordinating and delivering an exciting and varied programme of events, including everything from the city’s guided walks programme to the annual Peterborough Heritage Festival. This would be a great introduction for someone interested in a career in Heritage. For more information and a full role description please contact our Volunteer Development Manager using the contact details below.
If you’re interested in current volunteering opportunities and want more information or an application form, call 01733 864775 or email email@example.com