As part of the Peterborough Music Partnership, we’re working to bring schools and communities new singing opportunities.
One of the Core Roles of the PMP is to deliver a Singing Strategy which will involve every school in Peterborough by the end of July 2015.
Recent research by Ofsted has highlighted a number of issues, as well as examples of good practice, around school singing. Very little information currently exists about the levels of singing engagement both in schools and community settings.
We’ve taken on a consultant to research and develop a brilliant new plan for young people’s singing, and in two years we’ll have done the following:
- Involved all schools in Peterborough in regular singing activity.
- Worked with schools and local agencies to determine what they need.
- Delivered a programme which can be integrated into the schools’ current music activity, rather than sitting separately.
- Created a model of working with schools, Heads of Music and class teachers which embeds singing into the creative and cultural life of the city’s schools.
- Created models of community singing, which are supported by and feed into the work done in schools.
Now we need an organisation who can deliver the new programme of work. They will work over the next two years to deliver a programme of engaging, innovative and high quality singing activities, focusing on inclusion, aspiration, progression, and engagement of hard-to-reach groups. The organisation will work to the framework, KPIs and priorities defined within the Singing Strategy, which is currently being developed based on research into Peterborough’s specific strengths and needs around young people’s singing.
The post may be equally suitable for a freelancer who is able to put together an appropriately skilled and experienced delivery team.
Please click on the attachment below for a full description and details.