The Cresset, Rightwell, Bretton, Peterborough, PE3 8DS
General Information: 01733 864291
Bretton Library is located on the right just inside the entrance to the Cresset if you are approaching from the bus stop or health centre. If you’re coming into The Cresset from the main reception, we’re right down the other end.
- Meeting room available for hire
- A children’s area
- Copying and fax
- Adaptive Technology which allows access to computing for those with disabilities
- Computers for public use
What’s on – regular activities and events
- Thursdays 11.00am-11.30am
- Saturdays 10.30am-11.00am
Baby rhyme time
- Tuesdays 2.00pm-2.30pm
Adult reading group
- Meets on Saturdays 10.00am -11.00am every last Saturday of
the month. Please contact the library for next meeting date.
- Toucans Reading group – Held fortnightly on Mondays 1.00-2.00pm. Parent/guardian and child reading group. Ask staff for details.
- Family History – Mondays 10.00am -12.00 noon and Tuesdays 2:30pm – 4:30pm
- Online basics for beginners – Monday 2.00-300pm and
Reading groups for children
- Reading Rockstars (5-7 year olds) and Reading Leaders (7-12 year olds) Details and meeting dates for reading group sessions are available from Bretton library or phone 01733 864291.
- Wednesdays 3.30pm to 7.00pm
Other activities and events
- Working 4 U – Work Club
Our work club is an informal and friendly club which helps with your search for employment and training opportunities as well as enabling you to meet other people who are currently in the same position. The job club offers help with; CV writing, completing application forms, preparing for interviews, searching for jobs on the internet, in work benefits and if you’re entitled to them.
Held fortnightly on a Thursday from 10:00am – 12:00pm
The next dates for 2013 are: 4th & 18th April; 2nd, 16th & 30th May; 13th & 27th June; 11th & 25th July.
Class visits for schools
- Sessions can be customised to suit your requirments. Please contact the Library Supervisor for details. Events and activities for families, adults and children
- Summer reading schemes
- Holiday activities
Friends of Bretton Library
The Friends of Bretton Library are an independently run group which support Bretton Library. They promote the work of the library, raise public awareness, raise funds and keep the library informed of public opinion.
They are a friendly group and aim to enjoy themselves whilst helping the library. New members are always welcome.
- Craft and Chat – Monday 10.30am – 12.30pm – bring your own crafts (crochet, jewellery making, knitting etc). Come for a chat and refreshments for £1. Children welcome.
For more information, contact Bretton library on (01733) 864 291.