The Cresset, Rightwell, Bretton, Peterborough, PE3 8DS
General Information: 01733 864291
open+ is now in operation at Bretton Library.
open+ gives you access to library materials, public computers and quiet, creative spaces to meet or study even while the building is unstaffed making the building available at times that are convenient to you.
You’ll need to register for open+ to use the library during unstaffed hours by talking to a member of staff at your branch.
Bretton Library is located on the right just inside the entrance to the Cresset if you are approaching from the bus stop or health centre. If you’re coming into The Cresset from the main reception, we’re right down the other end.
- Meeting room available for hire
- A children’s area
- Copying and fax
- Adaptive Technology which allows access to computing for those with disabilities
- Computers for public use
What’s on – regular activities and events
- Thursdays 11.00am-11.30am
Baby rhyme time
- Mondays 11.00-11.30am
- Adult reading group meets every last Saturday of the month. Please contact the library for next meeting date.
- Crime reading group meets the first Wednesday of the month 3.00 – 4.00pm. Please contact the library for the next meeting date.
- Family History – Mondays 10:00am – 12 noon
- Online basics for beginners – Wednesdays – 3.30pm – 4.30pm and Fridays 2.30pm – 3.30pm
Other activities and events
- Homework club – Wednesdays 3.30pm to 5.00pm
Class visits for schools
- Sessions can be customised to suit your requirements. Please contact the Library Supervisor for details.
Friends of Bretton Library
The Friends of Bretton Library are an independently run group which support Bretton Library. They promote the work of the library, raise public awareness, raise funds and keep the library informed of public opinion.
They are a friendly group and aim to enjoy themselves whilst helping the library. New members are always welcome.
For more information, contact Bretton library on (01733) 864 291.