The Cresset, Rightwell, Bretton, Peterborough, PE3 8DS
General Information: 01733 864291
Bretton Library is located on the right just inside the entrance to the Cresset if you are approaching from the bus stop or health centre. If you’re coming into The Cresset from the main reception, we’re right down the other end.
- Meeting room available for hire
- A children’s area
- Copying and fax
- Adaptive Technology which allows access to computing for those with disabilities
- Computers for public use
What’s on – regular activities and events
- Thursdays 11.00am-11.30am
- Saturdays 10.30am-11.00am
Baby rhyme time
- Tuesdays 11.00-11.30am
- Adult reading group meets on Saturdays 10.00am -11.00am every last Saturday of the month. Please contact the library for next meeting date.
- Crime reading group meets the first Wednesday of the month 3:00 – 4:00pm. Please contact the library for the next meeting date.
- Chatterbooks reading group for 5-7 year-olds. Meet the second Saturday every month, from 11am-12noon. Chatterbooks reading group for 7-12 year olds meet the first Saturday every month. Contact the library for details of the next meeting.
- Family History – Tuesdays 2:30pm – 4:30pm
- Online basics for beginners – Wednesdays – 4:00pm – 5:00pm and Fridays 2:00pm – 3:00pm
Other activities and events
- Homework club – Wednesdays 3.30pm to 6.00pm
- Working 4 U – Work Club
Our work club is an informal and friendly club which helps with your search for employment and training opportunities as well as enabling you to meet other people who are currently in the same position. The job club offers help with; CV writing, completing application forms, preparing for interviews, searching for jobs on the internet, in work benefits and if you’re entitled to them.
Held fortnightly on a Thursday from 10:00am – 12:00pm, please contact library staff for date of next session.
Class visits for schools
- Sessions can be customised to suit your requirements. Please contact the Library Supervisor for details. Events and activities for families, adults and children
- Summer reading schemes
- Holiday activities
Friends of Bretton Library
The Friends of Bretton Library are an independently run group which support Bretton Library. They promote the work of the library, raise public awareness, raise funds and keep the library informed of public opinion.
They are a friendly group and aim to enjoy themselves whilst helping the library. New members are always welcome.
- Library Lounge and Craft – Friday – 10:30am – 1:00pm – bring your own crafts (crochet, jewellery making, knitting etc). Come for a chat and refreshments for £1. Children welcome.
For more information, contact Bretton library on (01733) 864 291.