Exploring Prehistoric Life at Flag Fen
KS2 school session at Flag Fen
£250 per group of up to 30 pupils
Covid update: Capacity has been reduced to up to 2 classes only during the Summer Term 2021. Capacity reviewed in line with government guidance.
“An excellent experience for the children, covering many NC aims. Very well organised and excellently supervised by enthusiastic staff.” (Teacher at Cranwell Primary School)
“The children have drawn on their experience at Flag Fen in all areas of the curriculum. We will most definitely be returning in future years for this invaluable experience”
(Teacher at Monkshouse Primary)
Excite the imagination and bring the past to life with this ‘Exploring Prehistoric Life’ day that covers the changes in Britain from the Stone Age to the Iron Age.
Want more of a focus of a particular prehistoric time period? You can now opt to choose activities that have a Stone Age, Bronze Age or Iron Age focus. Talk to us about how we can create the best day for you.
Participating in this ‘Exploring Prehistoric Life’ day, pupils will:
- Develop a chronological understanding of the changes in Britain from the Stone Age to the Iron Age.
- Gain historical understanding in relation to how we find out about the past through experimental archaeology and the use of primary sources.
- Understand historical concepts such as significance; continuity and change; cause and consequence and similarity and difference.
- Show an understanding that science is, and always has been used in the real world.
- Deduct and make statements and inferences from evidence.