Survive or Thrive?
KS2 school session at Flag Fen
£320 per group of up to 30 pupils
Covid -19 update: We will look to resume this session from September 2021.
“It gave them a much better understanding. The children said this is the best trip ever. They loved it!” - (Year 4 teacher from The Beeches Primary School, 2018)
Set amidst the inspiring surroundings of the finest Bronze Age archaeological site in northern Europe, our ‘Survive or Thrive?’ day at Flag Fen is an exciting synergy of history and outdoor learning. Designed by both Forest School leaders and heritage professionals, the day provides the chance to access a hands on, experimental approach to exploring our rich prehistoric past. The day’s activities develop practical skills and confidence as well as knowledge and understanding of how our prehistoric ancestors lived. Will you survive or thrive in a day in the life of our forebears?
National curriculum links: History, English, Art and Design, Science, P.E, Citizenship/PSHE.
By participating in this ‘Survive or Thrive?’ day, pupils will:
- Explore and experience how people lived and survived in prehistory, including traditional skills, materials and processes.
- Understand methods of historical enquiry including experimental archaeology
- Develop an understanding of the changes in Britain from the Stone Age to the Iron Age
- Develop outdoor, team working and problem solving skills
- Experience nature and how to interact with the outdoor environment